Wednesday 14 October 2015

Make it festive--- Diwali cards

Hello Friends!

This is Jasleen here of Happily Ever Crafter and I'm back with my DT inspiration for this month's challenge at Indian Quilling group--Make it Festive. You can create anything but it must be associated with some festival or you can make anything with some added sparkle and glitter to symbolize festivity. But the focus should be on the Quilling.

The festival of Diwali being just round the corner, I thought it would be the best time to make a few Quilled Diwali greeting cards. Here they are :



The above card was made using 5 mm quilling strips and Penny black dazzler stamps for the background.

Here's the second card:--



In the above card, I tried to show a cardboard box full of crackers. That cardboard box was made out of a  kraft cardstock and the crackers are all quilled using 3 mm quilling strips. The silver 'Phuljhadis' are made by wrapping a piece of silver glitter washi tape over the toothpick.

And now the third card:--


Made some swirls using different shades of yello-coloured 3mm quilling strips,  added some sparkle and shine and voila! A sparkly and festive card was ready!

Hope my cards inspire you to make something of your own and participate. Do link your entries here.

Happy Quilling !

12 comments:

  1. OMG..I am totally in LOVE with the second card Jasleen...all of your cards are wonderful!! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suchi . I'm glad you liked them :)

      Delete
  2. Wow.. So pretty & Adorable cards Jasleen.. The quilled crackers are just amazingg.. U totally rocked :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just AWESOME Jasleen.. loved the detailed quilling for crackers !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pooja. I'm happy it turned out good :)

      Delete
  4. Wow jas..love love the second card! It's really super cute..love the miniature crackers. Also the fireworks on the last card and the diya on the first one is lovely. Somehow I feel if you would have not done the stamping in black on the first card.. Then it would have been more attractive. .Just my view.
    Thanks for stopping by at my blog dear ..love and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much dear for your kind words on my work. :) And I really appreciate your feedback. Yes, I think you are absolutely right, I guess a quilled diya alone would have looked a lot better. Thanks for your suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete